Monday, June 15, 2009

Walled Lake Thunder II

OK folks!  If you want to have a good time and see some good inboard hydroplane racing, you need to add Walled Lake to your calender for next year. Inboard Hydro owners and racers, you should seriously consider making Walled Lake one of your stops next year.
 
The setting is nice, the beach/seating area is right next to the pits. You can either set up blankets on the beach or take advantage of the small area of bleacher seating. I had a great afternoon with my kids and wife watching the racing action and having a picnic on the beach. The kids did great until later in the afternoon and at that point it was time to pack it up. Nothing worse than tired and cranky kids. My daughter was sound asleep within 2 minutes of driving home. A good start for both kids considering this was their first race together. Looks like Stony Creek will be another family adventure.
 
I would personally like to thank Sean Bowsher. Sean graciously adopted me and my son as crew members and we were able to get a close up look at the boats. My son was especially thrilled when he got to sit in Sean's hydro and get his picture taken. I would also like to thank Brian Perkins. He was kind enough to talk hydros and have his photo taken with my son. When I told my son he drove the Navy Unlimited Hydro last year, he couldn't believe it. So, thanks again to both Sean and Brian.
 
I didn't get a chance to meet up with as many folks as I would've liked. I only went on Sunday so I didn't have the time I needed. Plus, Sunday was a day with my family!  Sorry if I missed you.  The one other person I did meet was John Nebelecky. Nice to meet you John.
 
I will have photos posted sometime this week. I'll post some on my blog  http://hydronation.blogspot.com/  in some form...individual photos or set up a slide show.
 
Hope to see many of you at the Gold Cup next month. I can't make it to Quake on the Lake, but Stony Creek is on my schedule. Have a great rest of the Summer racing and entertaining us hydro-holics. Be fast, but more importantly, Be Safe!

 
Roger

No comments: