Monday, June 23, 2008

I Don’t See A Problem Or Am I Just Confused

Elam announces that they are not coming East. Reason, to pursue a deal that could potentially add more races to the schedule, more money to sport that is strapped for cash and greater exposure. So where’s the problem?

It seems that most fans don’t want to see the Orange Boat and Villwock win, so why should it matter if they miss the Eastern Swing? I know, I know, boat count….hmmmm, don’t you think what the Ellstroms are doing may just take care of 9, 10 or even 11 boats at each site and maybe someday 15(arbitrary #) + boats. Give ‘em a chance!

I’ve read some good and many negative responses and one that was totally out of line. I’m sort of confused. I think we should be happy and support what the Ellstroms are trying to do and that is trying to grow the sport. Year after year, all of us hope that there will be more races added to the schedule and more teams to increase the boat count only to get much of the same. The only real change is the competition is the best it has been in more years than I know.

I for one would love to see Steve David, David Bryant, Jeff Bernard, Mike Allen , Jimmy King, J. Michael Kelly, David Williams, Greg Hopp, Ken Muscatel, and Jean Theoret beat Dave Villwock in Evansville, Madison and the Gold Cup. The field of boats competing at the Eastern races is competitive and we should see some great racing.

To The Ellstroms, Good Luck!

To all of the teams making the Eastern Swing, good luck, be safe and race fast! See you in Detroit!

No comments: